Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: keith_cooper on April 12, 2013, 10:48:17 am

Title: Looking at the Canon PRO-10
Post by: keith_cooper on April 12, 2013, 10:48:17 am
I've just had a Canon PRO-10 for a while from Canon UK and have written up some of my impressions of using it.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/printer/canon_pro-10.html

Quite a few changes from the previous 9500 ii, with decent network support, although the same forced 30mm top/bottom margins for some papers would be a deal breaker for me.

Having also had a PRO-1 to look at last year, I was expecting the difference between the two, in print quality, to be more obvious, but all those extra greys in the PRO-1 really didn't make that much of a difference on a lot of media, if carefully profiled.

Hope it's of some interest
Title: Re: Looking at the Canon PRO-10
Post by: enduser on April 13, 2013, 01:47:47 am
Any information on print head life and ease of user replacement? Thanks.
Title: Re: Looking at the Canon PRO-10
Post by: keith_cooper on April 13, 2013, 06:32:35 am
I only had the printer for a few weeks, so longer term data like this is not easy to find.

Given how easy it is to install the heads in the first place, I'd not expect replacement to be difficult (it is specifically a user options, and requires no tools)