Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on April 10, 2013, 06:35:05 pm
-
Just fishing for comments ;)
-
The blue toning and the uneven light make me think this is underwater.. It's kind of a neat effect!
-
The blue toning and the uneven light make me think this is underwater.. It's kind of a neat effect!
Too much? Seeking rule of thumb on a blue filter that would approximate the old cyanotype effect.
-
Hi David
To me, all the pictures in this series that you have posted, suffer from one thing only...the light. It appears that you took these when the sun was at it worst. I know that these things are often out of our control, but it has left these photographs with a pretty "harsh" look.
I think that, apart from that, they are all "iconic" for you. What I mean by that is: those are iconic locations, photographed many times by many great photographers, but, I would rather hang my own picture of an iconic location than buy and hang anyone else's. I hope that makes sense?
William
-
Too much? Seeking rule of thumb on a blue filter that would approximate the old cyanotype effect.
Yes, much too much.
Jeremy
-
Yes, much too much.
Jeremy
I agree, this [blue toning] is the first thing I noticed when I saw the image. Other than that, I like it!
-
To me, all the pictures in this series that you have posted, suffer from one thing only...the light. I hope that makes sense?
I agree. Next time we will leave the wives and get out there at before/after sunrise/sunset. So I had what I had and fortunately I had some terrific skies and decided to try and work on avoiding a heavy hand in post processing, which I tend to do. And yes, it made sense...appreciate the comment.
Jeremy, Francois, "too much" thanks. Important feedback. Although I am working on a calibrated monitor, I am beginning to think I have trouble seeing blue. I will tone it down.
-
David, the blue is too much for me too.
-
As Slobodan mentioned- sunrises are good, everyone is still sleeping then!