Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on April 08, 2013, 10:19:12 am

Title: This Moment of Softness
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 08, 2013, 10:19:12 am
is brought to you by Downy...

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8537/8631935392_fdb0acf891_o.jpg)
Title: Re: This Moment of Softness
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 08, 2013, 04:50:06 pm
Edited the BG for clarity and to knock down the contrast a bit.

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8106/8631849521_e4a54ed9f2_o.jpg)
Title: Re: This Moment of Softness
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2013, 07:52:55 pm
Nice image,  even if it is a "fuzzy" concept.  ;)
Title: Re: This Moment of Softness
Post by: luxborealis on April 08, 2013, 08:15:14 pm
Softer BG and lower contrast do work better with this subject. Try a slightly darker BG to create greater separation. Do you have another frame without the out-of-focus foreground stem?
Title: Re: This Moment of Softness
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 08, 2013, 09:01:36 pm
No other frames. It came to rest for a brief second then blew away into some deep brush. background is a reflection of not enough time to see everything in the area before shooting.

Eric, perhaps I should have called this, "Fuzzy Logic."
Title: Re: This Moment of Softness
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2013, 11:12:11 pm
Eric, perhaps I should have called this, "Fuzzy Logic."
I like that.
Title: Re: This Moment of Softness
Post by: nemo295 on April 09, 2013, 02:18:20 pm
I prefer the slightly contrastier image. It has more pop.