Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: spbimages on April 06, 2013, 01:44:58 am

Title: Music hands
Post by: spbimages on April 06, 2013, 01:44:58 am
This is a shot from the Chinese Gardens in Portland Oregon.

C&C very welcome.

Steve
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: gerafotografija on April 06, 2013, 02:14:00 am
I like it. The only constructive feedback I can offer is that the vignetting is maybe a little heavy in the corners.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 06, 2013, 09:53:51 am
I like it. The only constructive feedback I can offer is that the vignetting is maybe a little heavy in the corners.
I agree.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: francois on April 06, 2013, 11:33:38 am
I agree.


Also agree. Vignetting seems to exclude the player's body from the image. Other than that, it's a really nice photo.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: RSL on April 06, 2013, 11:35:40 am
I agree too. Get rid of the vignetting. One question: Is that sheet of music really purple?
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: spbimages on April 06, 2013, 12:02:36 pm
The sheet music is really white, it is just the way it came across in the browser. The print that I made it is white. Thanks for the other comments.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: spbimages on April 06, 2013, 12:03:47 pm
I only wanted her hand in the photo, that is why the body is not showing.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: RSL on April 06, 2013, 12:17:29 pm
The sheet music is really white, it is just the way it came across in the browser. The print that I made it is white.

Have you considered calibrating your monitor and your printer?
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: spbimages on April 06, 2013, 01:16:38 pm
They are both calibrated. Sometimes the web is not nice on colors.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: RSL on April 06, 2013, 01:39:51 pm
What did you use for the calibration? I see there's a lot of green light in the picture. Were the overheads fluorescent?
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: spbimages on April 06, 2013, 01:41:54 pm
I use ColorMonki. The image is fine when printed. It is the browser/internet that is messing with the colors.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: nemo295 on April 06, 2013, 03:51:14 pm
I use a Colormunki too, and it's not the browser. It's the color balance in the jpeg you uploaded.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: spbimages on April 06, 2013, 05:17:32 pm
I understand the issues.
Title: Re: Music hands
Post by: luxborealis on April 08, 2013, 08:26:43 pm
An interesting image. White balance issues aside, I find the title incongruous in that there is only 1 hand. Also, the two out-of-focus foreground objects are on the obtrusive side, detracting from the beautiful flow of the wood grain of the instrument. tighter cropping on the left and top will focus the image more on the music and the hand.