Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on April 04, 2013, 12:12:13 pm

Title: Door to Courtyard
Post by: cjogo on April 04, 2013, 12:12:13 pm
Czech Republic
Title: Re: Door to Courtyard
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 04, 2013, 01:06:42 pm
Another lovely distribution of b&w tonalities, including "blocked" shadows (keep them that way). What might be is missing is a bit more highlights, perhaps the wall behind the tree could go brighter?
Title: Re: Door to Courtyard
Post by: David Eckels on April 04, 2013, 01:33:59 pm
Another lovely distribution of b&w tonalities, including "blocked" shadows (keep them that way). What might be is missing is a bit more highlights, perhaps the wall behind the tree could go brighter?
Agree!
Title: Re: Door to Courtyard
Post by: cjogo on April 04, 2013, 02:19:58 pm
Another lovely distribution of b&w tonalities, including "blocked" shadows (keep them that way). What might be is missing is a bit more highlights, perhaps the wall behind the tree could go brighter?
You can't believe the grain/spots in those blocked shadows -- I spent hours already ... The highlights on the wall are at 237 >  think I would lose all texture  >> much higher ...

thanks for lookin'

Heres one slightly lighter background
Title: Re: Door to Courtyard
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 04, 2013, 02:54:10 pm
Yep, that's what I had in mind: I do not really need texture in such a distant and small wall, but the existence of that level of brightness helps the overall distribution of tones.
Title: Re: Door to Courtyard
Post by: cjogo on April 04, 2013, 07:26:45 pm
Yep, that's what I had in mind: I do not really need texture in such a distant and small wall, but the existence of that level of brightness helps the overall distribution of tones.

Sure I am too Zone controlled ;D .. I metered everything to fall a certain place.  But, you are right > the brightness makes a difference here ..thanks