Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on April 04, 2013, 11:53:08 am

Title: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 04, 2013, 11:53:08 am
This sort of goes with the stolen moments theme and somewhat with my general photographic direction, which of late more and more ahs been to interpretations of words, a play on words, a song or movie title or just simple whimsy. Normally, I am not a fan of selective coloring but in this instance, it is working for me - I think.  ;D

As a Diptych

Hanging Participles and an Incomplete Sentence

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8259/8618697330_0786420aae_o.jpg)

Full Disclosure

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8383/8618697364_935683e3c6_o.jpg)
Title: Re: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: David Eckels on April 04, 2013, 02:02:39 pm
So, honestly, I don't get the play on words, but then maybe my blood sugar is low :). I see the congruity with your previous images and it could make a cool show. That being said, the top image, the colored window frame, seems just a tad over done, particularly the frame itself; it almost looks solarized to my eye, but then it could be my work monitor. Have you posted this series in an online gallery somewhere? Seeing the images in one place would be interesting.
Title: Re: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 04, 2013, 03:27:11 pm
Working on that aspect now.
Title: Re: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 04, 2013, 04:54:20 pm
I find them both charming. Amusing, well done, not overly profound, but fun.
Title: Re: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: John R on April 04, 2013, 05:44:35 pm
With your sense of play, and marrying images with word play, why not go further and find some music and do slideshow? You will really be challenged to find music that expresses the whimsy in many of your images.

JMR
Title: Re: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 04, 2013, 07:45:06 pm
Ooooh, just wait John R. I have a whole interactive wall going for a show this summer.
Title: Re: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 04, 2013, 11:25:26 pm
Uh oh! I bet Smellavision is next on your list.  ;D
Title: Re: I see it is time for me to shake your roots again....I am smiling.
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 05, 2013, 12:08:15 am
No, but they have that in one of the movie theaters around here.