Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: IWC Doppel on April 03, 2013, 05:42:29 pm
-
Hi
I prefer matt fine art papers to Baryta/gloss etc and print mostly on B&W. I do however print in colour occasionally and have spent some time experimenting with papers. After some advice from online papers I have bought some Museo Max, and so far I can't see nay real advantage over some of my other papers, early days. BUT when I look at images for colour Gamut, museo max is low in comparison to epson Cold Press and HFA museum Etching for example. Are these indicators a complete waste of time regarding icc profiles ? (I have seent he digitagog videos and appreciate the potential benefit of not adjusting in LR to deal with the out of gamut 'red') But either I have been 'had' or Museo Max and LR4 don't talk the same language ?!
-
Depending on how the profile was made and how the profile gamut is evaluated, the gamut plot can tell you little about how to select a paper.