Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Manolis on April 02, 2013, 07:10:42 pm
-
This would be the very first images I post here.
This are two relatively older photos I just recently got around processing. For no good reason did I pick to work on these, other than the fact that I have a lot of recent images I should be working on.
Anyhow, you are welcome to give me your thoughts good or not so good and thanks you for having looking.
-
IMO, you get points simply by virtue of them not being photos of Antelope Canyon. ;)
Apart from that, I like them both, with a slight preference for #2.
-
I find both images very interesting for their pleasing composition and color values. I don't know what a rock mask is but that doesn't distract from the scenic value.
-
I saw a lot of this kind of formation in Utah, but I never captured any quite as good as yours.
Very nice!
-
I like them both but have also a slight preference for #2.
-
I like them too, as photo abstracts. Welcome!
-
Thank you all for your comments.
As for the mask thing; put it there because I see portions of the formations looking like face masks.
-
…As for the mask thing; put it there because I see portions of the formations looking like face masks.
As for those masks, in some deep valley of Switzerland, they have a carnival with carved masks that look like yours. They call it Tschäggättä (no idea about pronunciation): http://www.swiss-switzerland.com/tschaggatta.html and here: http://www.valais.ch/en/Activities-experiences-winter/Traditions-customs/Carnival/Tschaggatta-mask-carving.html
-
Welcome Manolis- lovely introductions you have posted.