Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on March 23, 2013, 01:00:38 pm

Title: bush
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 23, 2013, 01:00:38 pm
Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: bush
Post by: Chris Calohan on March 23, 2013, 01:17:52 pm
It's a BUSH...and a damn nice one at that!
Title: Re: bush
Post by: amolitor on March 23, 2013, 02:29:10 pm
It is rather nice! It looks frost-rimed, but I suspect that's just the way it got rendered?

I wish it were a little more separated from the background, and I am not convinced that the road/path in the foreground does much. Did you make another exposure from a lower angle?
Title: Re: bush
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 23, 2013, 11:30:31 pm
For me the shadow in the lower right is an essential part of the image, nicely contrasting with the sunlit bush. Nice one!
Title: Re: bush
Post by: wolfnowl on March 24, 2013, 01:15:17 am
I think it's an image that needs to be printed to be appreciated.  I'll send you my address and...  ;D

Mike.
Title: Re: bush
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 24, 2013, 01:44:21 pm
It is rather nice! It looks frost-rimed, but I suspect that's just the way it got rendered?

I wish it were a little more separated from the background, and I am not convinced that the road/path in the foreground does much. Did you make another exposure from a lower angle?

Thanks for the comments. It's certainly not frost - I took it in Valley of Fire last October and it was about 25°C at the time.

Sadly, I didn't use a lower angle but I see what you mean. The road is necessary because without it, there's no shadow and I'd miss that.

I think it's an image that needs to be printed to be appreciated.  I'll send you my address and...  ;D

It would be a lot easier for me to send you the file, Mike, which of course I'd be happy to do.

Jeremy
Title: Re: bush
Post by: jhemp on March 28, 2013, 11:47:52 am
Nice light and treatment to the image but overall it seems a bit busy for my taste.