Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mstevensphoto on March 22, 2013, 03:17:24 pm

Title: uploading to proof gallery from LR4
Post by: mstevensphoto on March 22, 2013, 03:17:24 pm
Hi folks,
   I'm mostly successful uploading proof galleries from lightroom to my own server. Every now and then a gallery barfs somewhere in the upload process. usually I'm in the 250-300 photo range and it usually chokes somewhere in the 2/3 done range. I'm wondering if there's any way to resume a transfer when this happens instead of having to re-upload and rewrite the whole thing? I've got a slow dsl upstream capability and redoing the upload takes a painful amount of time. is there any way to tell it to just pick up where it left off?
thanks!
Mark
Title: Re: uploading to proof gallery from LR4
Post by: RikkFlohr on March 24, 2013, 04:05:10 pm
The best work around I have found (I don't run in to it often) is to post the gallery to a folder using [Export] rather than [Upload] and then use an FTP program to do the upload.  But, most of the time, LR does just fine on my galleries 250-500 images typically.
Title: Re: uploading to proof gallery from LR4
Post by: kevk on March 27, 2013, 07:21:01 am
... post the gallery to a folder using [Export] rather than [Upload] and then use an FTP program to do the upload....
I go this way myself - and I use the FileZilla free FTP client  http://filezilla-project.org/

Kevin