Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on March 19, 2013, 01:40:32 pm

Title: Paris streets
Post by: cjogo on March 19, 2013, 01:40:32 pm
Working hastily to setup a interestingly shot of a salon store front ..this ferocious dog was not going to have it.  I pleaded in my best French ...until the proprietor approached to my rescue.   The fashion ad figure went perfectly .....with the scolding of the terrier.
Title: Re: Paris streets
Post by: RSL on March 19, 2013, 03:26:05 pm
It's a first-class street shot, Jogo, but it's also 1.21 meg. You might want to compress down to the 500k neighborhood for your posts.
Title: Re: Paris streets
Post by: cjogo on March 19, 2013, 06:13:11 pm
RSL  I try to make all the images about 5.5 meg -- ( 7X7 200dpi)  reduced down from 60+ megs ...  Should I make them smaller  >??  I'm use to printing  {not the net }  with images ....  MAX 16 X 16 inches 300dpi

Thanks
Title: Re: Paris streets
Post by: David Eckels on March 19, 2013, 06:13:58 pm
Fantastic!
Title: Re: Paris streets
Post by: Bruce Cox on March 19, 2013, 07:49:27 pm
RSL  I try to make all the images about 5.5 meg -- ( 7X7 200dpi)  reduced down from 60+ megs ...  Should I make them smaller  >??  I'm use to printing  {not the net }  with images ....  MAX 16 X 16 inches 300dpi

Thanks

Of course, people have different down load speeds and different size screens.  After RSL suggested something like this to me, I posted two versions of each picture for a while:  large and small in terms of file size, not resolution.  I've gotten lazy and fallen out of the habit lately; maybe I will go back to it.  Both size files developed counts for viewing with the large ones being more popular.          I like your picture too.  Thanks for showing it in as much detail as you have.
Title: Re: Paris streets
Post by: cjogo on March 19, 2013, 07:55:43 pm
I have a 26 in screen I view everything on  ~~ 1680 X     ...  If a photo, I view  posted  here is fuzzy  >> I move on the on to next .   I think the images I have been loading are quality enough for most viewing ...but lets us know the "standard" ...thanks
Title: Re: Paris streets
Post by: francois on March 20, 2013, 03:41:14 am
It's a very fine street image with a lot of things to discover.

Congrats!