Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bellimages on March 16, 2013, 12:38:51 pm

Title: buffered storage paper/tissue .... Light Impressions
Post by: bellimages on March 16, 2013, 12:38:51 pm
A few years ago, I purchased 24"x36" sheets of buffered paper from Light Impressions. They still show the product on their website. But I hestitate to order from them since I was burned by them a year or so ago. Fortunately my bank card reversed the charges for the product that never shipped.

Does anyone know who made their archival buffered paper that I used as interleaving in my flat file? I liked it. It was 2.5 mils thick. Most of the paper that I find is only 1 mil thick
Title: Re: buffered storage paper/tissue .... Light Impressions
Post by: howardm on March 16, 2013, 01:28:55 pm
Archival Methods offers a 1.5mil version

http://www.archivalmethods.com/Product.cfm?categoryid=0&Productid=109
Title: Re: buffered storage paper/tissue .... Light Impressions
Post by: neile on March 16, 2013, 01:38:13 pm
Yeah, go with Archival Methods. Light Impressions is bad juju!

Neil
Title: Re: buffered storage paper/tissue .... Light Impressions
Post by: hugowolf on March 16, 2013, 01:55:07 pm
A few years ago, I purchased 24"x36" sheets of buffered paper from Light Impressions. They still show the product on their website. But I hestitate to order from them since I was burned by them a year or so ago. Fortunately my bank card reversed the charges for the product that never shipped.

Does anyone know who made their archival buffered paper that I used as interleaving in my flat file? I liked it. It was 2.5 mils thick. Most of the paper that I find is only 1 mil thick
I prefer Lineco archival tissue, and the unbuffered is generally considered safer the buffered for photographs. Do you have a specific reason for wanting lthicker tissue - the thinner stuff is less likely to scuff prints and you can always use two sheets.

http://www.lineco.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=933&primary=1&parentId=&navTree[]=933

Brian A