Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tom b on March 12, 2013, 05:36:10 pm
-
First time swapping inks in my Epson 3880. The Epson print dialogue box told me I needed to replace Light Magenta so I bought that ink cartridge. When I opened the ink cover I see that the ink is called VLM (Very Light Magenta?) are the inks the same thing?
Cheers,
-
VLM is "Vivid Light Magenta" not "Very Light Magenta". The Epson's only have 2 Magentas VM and VLM. So you are correct the VLM is the same as light magenta. If you're ever in doubt, try to stick the cart in. I haven't used a 3880 but in every other Epson I've used each cart only fits in the proper spot.
-
Sounds like you have bought the Light Magenta for the 3800 Model, I'd try to return it and swap for the correct Vivid Light Magenta if possible.
Cheers,
Brian.
-
Certainly sounds like the wrong cart was purchased. The 3800 used Light Magenta whereas 3880 uses 'Vivid' .
-
He has a 3880 and has a VLM cartridge. Why should he return it for something else?
-
He has a 3880 and has a VLM cartridge. Why should he return it for something else?
If he has in fact bought the VLM cartridge then no problem, but the way I read it he seems to have bought the Light Magenta cartridge for the older 3800 not the VLM cartridge for the 3880.
Cheers,
Brian.
-
Right. The way the OP's original statement reads, it sounds like he purchased a 3800 Light Magenta T580600 cart which is
not what the 3880 uses (T580B00).
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/650761-REG/Epson_T580B00_T580B_Vivid_Light.html
First time swapping inks in my Epson 3880. The Epson print dialogue box told me I needed to replace Light Magenta so I bought that ink cartridge. When I opened the ink cover I see that the ink is called VLM (Very Light Magenta?) are the inks the same thing?
Cheers,