Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Sanggay on March 12, 2013, 08:34:55 am

Title: Droplets on my car.
Post by: Sanggay on March 12, 2013, 08:34:55 am
Is this workable?
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: RSL on March 12, 2013, 09:09:21 am
Workable for what? It's a picture of raindrops on a surface.
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: Sanggay on March 12, 2013, 10:22:34 am
Workable for what? It's a picture of raindrops on a surface.

Abstract?
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: RSL on March 12, 2013, 10:45:27 am
Well, I guess if it's all right for Jackson Pollock to drip it's all right for God to drip.
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: Bruce Cox on March 12, 2013, 10:51:12 am
I have read too many reviews, because this looks more like a picture of your lens than of water drops to me.
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: dhancock on March 13, 2013, 09:12:38 am
The highlights in the upper left corner are distracting. Maybe you want to crop?
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: amolitor on March 13, 2013, 11:57:25 am
I don't think it's workable.

It's not a picture OF anything, it's really just a texture.
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: shutterpup on March 13, 2013, 12:03:10 pm
Pics of textures are abstractions that I like. I like the texture of the top half; I like the texture of the bottom half.  The top and bottom parts of this pic do not work together as a whole.
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 13, 2013, 02:10:42 pm
It is not workable not because the subject isn't (it is), but because you couldn't decide what is the subject. Pattern? If so, concentrate on the lower part, where it is the strongest. Gradually disappearing pattern? Then lose the left and the right side with the distracting highlights (keep the central square, in other words).
Title: Re: Droplets on my car.
Post by: Sanggay on March 13, 2013, 10:06:56 pm
Thanks guys for your feedback and suggestion.