Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: LizardKing on March 11, 2013, 02:00:54 am

Title: Some more lith-prints, thank you!
Post by: LizardKing on March 11, 2013, 02:00:54 am
Printed 30x30 cm by Valery Samarin.

1
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/fd/77/71/01/lg_27513821_369_H_101010_Rollei_IR_12_Lith.jpg)

2
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/11/78/71/01/lg_27513841_488_HB_110831_Tmax400_08_Lith.jpg)

3
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/1b/78/71/01/lg_27513851_490_HB_110831_Ektar100bw_06_Li.jpg)

4
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/43/78/71/01/lg_27513891_657_HB_120617_EfkeIR_006_Lith.jpg)

5
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/4d/78/71/01/lg_27513901_369_H_101010_Rollei_IR_03_Lith.jpg)
Title: Re: Some more lith-prints, thank you!
Post by: nemo295 on March 11, 2013, 08:32:56 am
Great stuff, all of it. More creative and original than the work we usually see around here.
Title: Re: Some more lith-prints, thank you!
Post by: RSL on March 11, 2013, 08:44:04 am
Pictorialism lives!
Title: Re: Some more lith-prints, thank you!
Post by: WalterEG on March 11, 2013, 01:38:27 pm
Great stuff, all of it. More creative and original than the work we usually see around here.

+!

Superbly seen and crafted Lizard King — and a refreshing tonic and foundation for hope that there is more to photography than dross.

Walter
Title: Re: Some more lith-prints, thank you!
Post by: Jaffy on March 11, 2013, 02:55:58 pm
#1 and #4 are my favourites; the lines leading into #1, and the flying bird reflection in #4.
Title: Re: Some more lith-prints, thank you!
Post by: amolitor on March 12, 2013, 06:13:47 pm
I quite dislike these, I am afraid.

The printing technique has some interest, but the busy mass of texture it introduces is more interesting than the underlying image for most of these, and it's not all that interesting. When I mentally remove the printing technique, the actual photographs are fairly banal. Some of them are workmanlike, at best. I feel like the printing it trying to cover up the uninteresting images.

The two soft focus/flare-y ones of light through the trees seem to me the best, mainly because I feel as if the printing method, and the stippling it introduces, is working with the underlying image rather than trying to distract us from it.