Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: wolfnowl on March 01, 2013, 03:03:50 am

Title: Candida Höfer: A Return To Italy
Post by: wolfnowl on March 01, 2013, 03:03:50 am
A link to some architectural photography from the Alpa site:

http://www.benbrownfinearts.com/exhibitions/65/overview/

Mike.
Title: Re: Candida Höfer: A Return To Italy
Post by: WalterEG on March 01, 2013, 03:34:46 am
Always enthusiastic to see anything from the Dusseldorf School.

Many thanks for the heads-up.

W
Title: Re: Candida Höfer: A Return To Italy
Post by: Rob C on March 01, 2013, 04:59:45 am
Strange; I found the set quite dull in every sense. Still life without the life.

I think it's the colours and the way they are processed. But there you go - galleries live on other levels.

Rob C
Title: Re: Candida Höfer: A Return To Italy
Post by: brianrybolt on March 01, 2013, 07:50:47 am
Strange; I found the set quite dull in every sense. Still life without the life.

I think it's the colours and the way they are processed. But there you go - galleries live on other levels.

Rob C

I have to agree with you which I rarely do.  The only thing of interest is the place in its own right - they are postcard photos IMHO.

Brian
Title: Re: Candida Höfer: A Return To Italy
Post by: francois on March 01, 2013, 07:58:20 am
…
 Still life without the life.
…

That's the problem with those photos! They are probably fantastic for documenting those places , also technically perfect but they leave me cold.
Title: Re: Candida Höfer: A Return To Italy
Post by: SunnyUK on March 01, 2013, 10:35:10 am
I like the 4th-last (Teatro Scientifico Bibiena Mantova III 2010) very much.