Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: LizardKing on February 25, 2013, 07:46:15 am

Title: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: LizardKing on February 25, 2013, 07:46:15 am
1
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/77/9c/6e/01/lg_27340621_470_HB_110812_Ektar100_07.jpg)

2
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/0b/ac/66/01/lg_26869401_438_Y_110528_KodakE100G_07.jpg)

3
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/61/23/58/01/lg_25989981_646_HB_120610_Velvia50_009.jpg)

4
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/df/22/58/01/lg_25989851_669_HB_120701_Velvia50_007.jpg)

5
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/43/2d/3f/01/lg_24496151_439_Y_110528_KodakE100G_03.jpg)

6
(http://www.sergeychubarov.ru/files/65/ec/21/01/lg_22721131_470_HB_110812_Ektar100_06.jpg)
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: David Eckels on February 25, 2013, 08:55:06 am
I like 'em stylistically and with the square crop. Serene. The last one with the stump caught me by surprise. That was good! Welcome to LuLa land!
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: RSL on February 25, 2013, 09:35:18 am
Very nice, Liz, expecially #2 and #6. Yes, as David pointed out, square format tends to be peaceful, static, serene, and it fits these pictures perfectly. My only beef is that there were too many at once. If they were losers that might not be a problem since the looker could simply overlook them. But these are very good, and it seems to me that each one deserves to be viewed and critiqued independently.

Welcome to LuLa. I hope we'll see a lot more of your work.
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 25, 2013, 09:55:07 am
I'd like to see #4 with the shadows at bottom right opened up a bit. Love the light, and yes, welcome.
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 25, 2013, 10:16:10 am
Hi Sergey, good to see you posting again.

What I do not like about your wonderful work is that it makes me feel ashamed for neglecting my Hasselblad ;)
God, I am such a sucker for square format! If only I could afford a digital back for it, and if only there would be one full-frame AND square.
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: WalterEG on February 25, 2013, 10:27:22 am
if only there would be one full-frame AND square.

Yes, wouldn't a full frame 6x6 chip be an answer to a maiden's prayer!!

These are sumptuous and glorious LizardKing.  Thanks for restoring my faith.
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: Rob C on February 25, 2013, 10:47:10 am
Yes, wouldn't a full frame 6x6 chip be an answer to a maiden's prayer!!

These are sumptuous and glorious LizardKing.  Thanks for restoring my faith.




Walter, it's been a while since I heard maidens pray, but I am a sucker for 6x6. I wish Keith had also kept his 500 just for old time's sake; he might have used it and posted here once in a while...

Slobodan, perhaps if you drift over here some day with your 500 set I could be tempted into something rash. Not quite a hot flush, but an expensive dip into the piggy, nonetheless.

Rob C
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: LizardKing on February 25, 2013, 12:42:30 pm
Oh, thank you all very much! -)
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: Peter McLennan on February 25, 2013, 12:49:36 pm
You're welcome.  You deserve it.  Gorgeous images. Especially #3 and #5. 
They make me hunger for summer mornings.  (it's the end of February here in Western Canada)
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: nemo295 on February 25, 2013, 12:51:36 pm
I really like the compositions in all of them. The only criticism I have is that the color balance in the last one, with its purple bare ground and trees, seems off.
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: LizardKing on February 25, 2013, 01:08:10 pm
The only criticism I have is that the color balance in the last one, with its purple bare ground and trees, seems off.
Yes, there are some color manipulations on the last one, so the color balance is something special... -)
Thank you all!
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 25, 2013, 04:44:17 pm
I love the light in #4. All beautiful.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Some square pictures, thank you!
Post by: wolfnowl on February 25, 2013, 06:24:31 pm
All been said - some very good work here.  #3 is my favourite, partly because of the contrast between the flowers (spring, morning, 'new') and the old cabin in the background.

Mike.