Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on February 22, 2013, 09:06:34 pm

Title: winter
Post by: armand on February 22, 2013, 09:06:34 pm
few more from several weeks ago
Title: Re: winter
Post by: rogerxnz on February 23, 2013, 01:58:10 am
I would play with levels, curves, contrast and saturation (the colour image only) to add drama to what attracted you in these images.
Roger
Title: Re: winter
Post by: armand on February 23, 2013, 09:28:08 am
I would play with levels, curves, contrast and saturation (the colour image only) to add drama to what attracted you in these images.
Roger


The funny (or not) part is that I already pushed it quite a lot from the original, which wasn't helped by the light.
Title: Re: winter
Post by: Jaffy on February 23, 2013, 09:36:20 am
I like 3. The golden arch with the clear patch of snow behind it is like a golden gateway welcoming me into the forest, so I wonder what is in there if I go through it.
Title: Re: winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 23, 2013, 12:04:59 pm
I like 3. The golden arch with the clear patch of snow behind it is like a golden gateway welcoming me into the forest, so I wonder what is in there if I go through it.
Nicely put. The third one is the winner for me, too.
Title: Re: winter
Post by: armand on February 23, 2013, 02:32:39 pm
On the post processing side, do you think that the snow patch behind the arch should be brighter? Because it is in the original shot, I darkened it a little to make the yellow arch stand out even more.
Title: Re: winter
Post by: Jaffy on February 23, 2013, 02:44:04 pm
If mine I wouldn't lighten it as the yellow wouldn't stand out. As it's in a forest I'd expect the snow to be shaded.