Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on February 21, 2013, 01:27:23 pm
-
Just some shadow play ...walking the streets of Praha
-
Beautiful!
Love the square, the geometry, even the blown highlights behind the door, leading us to question what's behind ("Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door"? ;))
-
Thanks -- Don't think it would be as striking without the blown highlights If I had placed those bright areas in 7/8 Zone > would be too flat \. When you work in the dark > there is generally always this huge contrast.
-
Beautiful!
Love the square, the geometry, even the blown highlights behind the door, leading us to question what's behind ("Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door"? ;))
I agree!!
Mike.
-
I was always out looking several hours~ every nite in the cites ..less crowds and the light was constant. ::) It would be nice now a days with digital > most exposures were 1 minute plus with the ISO 320 > especially with f 11 or more for DOF /sharpness.
-
Lovely image: Graphically strong ( bright highlight & dark shadow areas ) but subtle ( softer midtone shadows & stone textures ).
Graeme
-
Very nice, Jogo. I agree about the blown highlights. They make the picture.
-
There's distinct imagery behind the doors, so they're not totally blown out...though, I almost think the scene would play better if they were.
Windows and doors are among my favorite images. The stairs are a close second.