Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: gerafotografija on February 11, 2013, 11:44:30 pm

Title: Migratory bed fellows
Post by: gerafotografija on February 11, 2013, 11:44:30 pm
The big guy on the right apparently had an itch, and it took what felt like forever for him to settle down and take a nice Sunday morning nap.
The three little birds studiously ignored him pretty much the whole time, hoping he would just go away.

I am not sure I have the patience for bird photos, but let me know if I should keep trying.

Arėjukas at gerafotografija (http://gerafotografija.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/aquatic-birds-sex-drugs-and-politics/)

Title: Re: Migratory bed fellows
Post by: wolfnowl on February 12, 2013, 02:01:26 am
If you're having fun with it, you should definitely keep trying!

Mike.
Title: Re: Migratory bed fellows
Post by: francois on February 12, 2013, 05:34:49 am
Initially, I thought that you shot decoys, they are very similar…  ;D

I'm with Mike, you should spend some more time shooting birds.
Title: Re: Migratory bed fellows
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 12, 2013, 10:05:23 am
If you're having fun with it, you should definitely keep trying!

Mike.
Definitely. This one is a charmer.
Title: Re: Migratory bed fellows
Post by: Matt Tilghman on February 13, 2013, 02:18:36 am
I actually realllllly like this a lot.  I think it works very well as both an abstract and a wildlife shot.  Do you sell prints online anywhere?  If so, I want to bookmark this photo and come back to it later.  It really speaks to me.
Title: Re: Migratory bed fellows
Post by: gerafotografija on February 13, 2013, 04:22:36 am
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who replied. Your response is much appreciated.

Matt, not only can I answer that the print is available, but there is a good cause that would benefit if you did buy it.

It is from a series taken recently at the Aquatic Park in Berkeley. All proceeds from sales of this collection will go to the local Sierra Club, which is fighting to save this bird habitat from pollution and and commercial development.

Here is a link to the print at RB (http://www.redbubble.com/people/gerafotografija/works/9966488-plausible-deniability?c=190718-save-the-aquatic-park), the whole collection has a home here (http://www.redbubble.com/people/gerafotografija/collections/190718-save-the-aquatic-park), you can read more about it here (http://gerafotografija.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/aquatic-birds-sex-drugs-and-politics/) and send a message of support for the conservation effort to our city council here (https://secure.sierraclub.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=9239).

Thanks again!