Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Robert DeCandido PhD on February 08, 2013, 10:42:29 am

Title: NYC Fine art printer needed - for one panoramic B/W print
Post by: Robert DeCandido PhD on February 08, 2013, 10:42:29 am
Hi - I have a client interested in purchasing a 50in print (panorama) - that sizes to about 12in high. I can supply a color corrected file (Tiff) in RBG color space - color corrected on my 26in NEC monitor. Can someone in Manhattan or Brooklyn give me a price for a print - you will likely have to do some minor adjustments to exposure and sharpen for final output...

I can post the file for download (about 100mb Tiff) - and can pick up the final print...a jpeg of the image is attached.

Thanks - you can email me directly - and if my spam filter catches you, don't worry, I will retrieve your email: [email protected]

Robert DeCandido PhD
NYC
Title: Re: NYC Fine art printer needed - for one panoramic B/W print
Post by: chez on February 08, 2013, 11:05:12 am
That's a very beautiful photo. Wish those contrails were not there...but that is just the way it is these days. Can't look into any sky without seeing them.
Title: Re: NYC Fine art printer needed - for one panoramic B/W print
Post by: nemo295 on February 08, 2013, 12:21:46 pm
I don't know of anyone in the NYC area specifically, but any professional printer can send you a test strip of a portion of the image for your approval for a nominal fee and ship the final print. I'm in San Francisco and I use photoworks, but there are tons of great print houses all over.
Title: Re: NYC Fine art printer needed - for one panoramic B/W print
Post by: aaronchan on February 08, 2013, 01:06:28 pm
Laumont? Duggal? Griffin edition?
Title: Re: NYC Fine art printer needed - for one panoramic B/W print
Post by: Robert DeCandido PhD on February 08, 2013, 03:03:45 pm
I am more interested in a small print shop or someone with a large format printer...so far I have one bid - I'll wait for another 48 hrs...

Thanks - the most difficult area of the print is the right side (willow tree)...

Robert DeCandido PhD
NYC
Title: Re: NYC Fine art printer needed - for one panoramic B/W print
Post by: plui on February 08, 2013, 08:48:54 pm
How about patrickallen  he posts here and has a studio in brooklyn (I haven't used their services, just remember seeing the link to his studio from his posts).  Nice image, btw.
Title: Re: NYC Fine art printer needed - for one panoramic B/W print
Post by: Gellman on February 09, 2013, 10:27:23 pm
Check with Amadou Diallo in Brooklyn. Perhaps he can help you. He is certainly one of the top fine art black and white printing guys anywhere, but I don't know if he prints the work of other photographers.    http://www.diallophotography.com/