Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on February 06, 2013, 01:31:41 am

Title: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: MTGFender on February 06, 2013, 01:31:41 am
Hasselblad H4D-40; HCD 28mm; HTS 1.5; Lee 0.6 GND; Stitching

Thanks for viewing!
Pramote
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: tim wolcott on February 06, 2013, 01:44:54 am
Don't say it very often but I like it.  Well done.  Tim
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: francois on February 06, 2013, 05:17:05 am
Hasselblad H4D-40; HCD 28mm; HTS 1.5; Lee 0.6 GND; Stitching

Thanks for viewing!
Pramote

Very clean, relaxing image with beautiful soft colors!
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 06, 2013, 05:47:39 am
Very nice.
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 06, 2013, 06:14:56 am
I like the shapes, composition and colours a lot. The foreground trees are a little bright for my taste.
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: luxborealis on February 06, 2013, 08:57:55 pm
Rich tones, but I agree with the slightly too bright foreground trees - almost as if a flash was used to light them.

Also - check the horizon - it does seem straight.
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: davidh202 on February 06, 2013, 09:13:32 pm
Got to luv those pastel colors and composition!
I also agree about  the foreground trees.They appear as if the light is coming from the wrong direction and they would not be so bright considering the tonality of the rest of the photo.Yes the horizon is listing to the right

David
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: francois on February 07, 2013, 03:46:49 am
Rich tones, but I agree with the slightly too bright foreground trees - almost as if a flash was used to light them.

Also - check the horizon - it does seem straight.

I also noticed the bright trees. Most of them are shorter (younger?) than the tall ones. I don't know whether that plays a role.

It might probably come from the use of a grad filter…
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: MTGFender on February 07, 2013, 07:59:17 am
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments! This picture is pretty much what i wast, no flash, and only a 0.6 GND which altered the scene. The shadow and highlight is natural from the sunlight.

Pramote
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: PhotoEcosse on February 12, 2013, 11:02:09 am

Also - check the horizon - it does seem straight.

There is no horizon in this photograph. I think that what you are referring to is the far shore of the lake - and there is no earthly reason why that should be horizontal.
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: arlon on February 12, 2013, 05:44:34 pm
Makes me want to search out the coordinates and go visit there for myself.
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: Isaac on February 12, 2013, 07:47:47 pm
Emerald Bay (http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=506)
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: arlon on February 12, 2013, 09:35:15 pm
Emerald Bay (http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=506)

Thanks, added to my road trip folder. I keep a list for the day I get to retire and drag my old Astro van around the country..
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: Matt Tilghman on February 13, 2013, 02:16:37 am
Gorgeous!  I really need to make it up there.
Title: Re: Lak Tahoe, CA
Post by: Isaac on February 13, 2013, 10:32:48 am
If you're there, cross the road and hike into Desolation Wilderness (http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/ltbmu/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5162346).