Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Brian Hirschfeld on February 05, 2013, 06:46:38 pm

Title: Leica Cable Release thread size
Post by: Brian Hirschfeld on February 05, 2013, 06:46:38 pm
what would the screw / thread size be of a standard cable release leica on a Leica M?
Title: Re: Leica Cable Release thread size
Post by: JeanMichel on February 05, 2013, 06:59:15 pm
Hi,
I do not know the size measurement, but any garden-variety cable release works on any of the M's film or digital.
Jean-Michel
Title: Re: Leica Cable Release thread size
Post by: DeanChriss on February 07, 2013, 12:44:47 pm
Garden-variety cable releases have tapered threads, smaller diameter on the camera end, increasing as you go toward the release end. I've been using electronic releases for too long to remember if it's a similar arrangement on the camera side, but I'd think it would be.
Title: Re: Leica Cable Release thread size
Post by: JeanMichel on February 07, 2013, 04:17:40 pm
Garden-variety cable releases have tapered threads, smaller diameter on the camera end, increasing as you go toward the release end. I've been using electronic releases for too long to remember if it's a similar arrangement on the camera side, but I'd think it would be.

Hi,
That is correct. On any Leica M, including M9, the shutter release button is threaded to accept a standard cable release. There is no electronic release.
Jean-Michel