Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sm906 on January 24, 2013, 01:51:26 pm

Title: HP Printer Utility - refusing to re-install
Post by: sm906 on January 24, 2013, 01:51:26 pm
Today I received my new HP Z3200. Setup of the printer was fine. I deinstalled all the HP software (I used for my HP Z2100 before) to make a clean intallation of the software for that printer. When it come to HP utility, the routine tells me: A newer version of the upgrade has already been installed (translation from the German error message) and refuses to install again or even to overwrite the existing software.

After I found out that the deinstallation routine was very incomplete and almost nothing had been removed from the system, I ended searching for hppu* on drive C:\ as well as in the registry. I deleted every file/directory on C:\ and every entry in the registry related to hppu*. But, that did not help. The error message of this "virtual" HP Printer Utility remains.

I assume some of you had the same problem and can recommend a solution.

And naturally I downloaded the latest release of HP Utility from HP website.

Kind regards

Thomas

P.S.: OS is Win 7 Professional 64bit
Title: Re: HP Printer Utility - refusing to re-install
Post by: sm906 on January 25, 2013, 12:20:55 am
Just to let you know. I solved the problem by installing an older version of HP Utility.

Thomas
Title: Re: HP Printer Utility - refusing to re-install
Post by: aaronchan on January 25, 2013, 12:30:54 am
Where can i find the old version, my installation disc is gone :(
Title: Re: HP Printer Utility - refusing to re-install
Post by: sm906 on January 25, 2013, 01:16:29 am
I don't know wether it can be found any longer on the HP website (or elswhere), once it was. I have mine because I saved the file for "security" reasons in addition to the latest release. Should you not manage to find the older file let me know. BTW: That doesn't solve the "HP Utility keep installing" problem you asked for in another thread.

Thomas