Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mstevensphoto on January 22, 2013, 04:35:45 pm
-
hey folks, I'm wondering if anyone has made print wraps similar to these http://www.millerslab.com/printwraps
I like the look but most of the online joints only offer very limited size choices. Wondering if anyone has tips or techniques for wrapping an inkjet print similarly, particularly at bigger sizes (over 20x20)...
thanks!
Mark
-
Gonna guess the media is the stuff you use for wrapping display booths etc, sort of banner material. Can't remember the name, but there are products designed for wrapping large, odd-shaped objects. Or the stuff used to apply graphics to the rounded surfaces of vehicles. Most of those are solvent based, I think. Somebody will know. Just looking at the corner folds suggests it's something more than just wet paper.
When I go into Piedmont Plastics to buy Gator, they try to sell me stuff like this...
http://www.signsupply.com/Media/3M/8518.asp
http://www.dreamscapedirect.com/index.html
edit...this and other vinyl products may be more in the ballpark...
http://ijtechnologies.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=193
-
as I ask around they all say it's a wrapped kodak photo paper, all advertise the same level of permanence so I'm not thinking it's vinyl.
-
The paper is vinyl laminated before wrapping!!