Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Sags on January 19, 2013, 05:39:12 pm

Title: Failure to publish to Smugmug.
Post by: Sags on January 19, 2013, 05:39:12 pm
Trying to update my Smugmug page for the first time in a long while (since I got LR4).

Everything seems to work, and it does create the gallery in Smugmug, but after waiting for a couple hours with the progress bar moving very slowly, I get a popup box which says

"The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response."

with every photo I tried to publish listed.  When I check smugmug none of them have uploaded just an empty gallery.  Is this a software problem, or perhaps a bandwidth problem?  Any help?
Title: Re: Failure to publish to Smugmug.
Post by: bjanes on January 20, 2013, 08:56:39 am
Trying to update my Smugmug page for the first time in a long while (since I got LR4).

Everything seems to work, and it does create the gallery in Smugmug, but after waiting for a couple hours with the progress bar moving very slowly, I get a popup box which says

"The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response."

with every photo I tried to publish listed.  When I check smugmug none of them have uploaded just an empty gallery.  Is this a software problem, or perhaps a bandwidth problem?  Any help?

Have you configured the Smugmug plugin? See here (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93281) for  instructions. I have uploaded full sized jpegs from the Nikon D800 with LR4 and the process went smoothly.

Regards,

Bill
Title: Re: Failure to publish to Smugmug.
Post by: Sags on January 20, 2013, 03:27:43 pm
Yes, as far as I can tell, I have everything configured properly.

Like I said it DID create the new gallery on Smugmug, but after progressing very slowly he progress bar reaches the end and I get the pop up message I wrote of.  I check Smugmug and it's just an empty gallery.

The file are kind of on the large side (Out of a Sony A900, 24mp) but not humongous by today's standard.


I will try to export them to the desktop, then upload using Smugmug's uploader, and see if that works.
Title: Re: Failure to publish to Smugmug.
Post by: Sags on January 21, 2013, 12:41:51 pm
Tried to upload using the Smugmug uploader, no go.

So then I copied them onto a flash drive and uploaded them from my laptop and it worked.

So.. apparently something is wrong with my desktop which will not let me upload.

Any ideas?  I'm clueless here.