Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on January 17, 2013, 04:57:08 pm
-
Kracow Awning Entrance...http://imageevent.com/estrump/fineart?p=38&n=1&m=16&c=3&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=3 (http://imageevent.com/estrump/fineart?p=38&n=1&m=16&c=3&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=3)
-
Some marvelous work in there Jogo. Bravo!
-
thanks .. this was my Hassy SWC .. shooting straight up to the canopy...
-
I'm not talking about the first abstract. It's good, but the whole series is excellent.
-
Indeed, very nice set of images.
I wonder however whether the images are a bit overcompressed or something, because they are very uncomfortable to look at.
-
Indeed, very nice set of images.
I wonder however whether the images are a bit overcompressed or something, because they are very uncomfortable to look at.
Not sure how compressed they are from the originals -- most images start at 50/100mbg each > just upload them to my site and they compress to their system...
-
Not sure how compressed they are from the originals -- most images start at 50/100mbg each > just upload them to my site and they compress to their system...
Okay, maybe you should try to sample down the images prior to upload. Attached is what I get to see on screen. Looks like ringing artifacts from very heavily compressed JPGs. Perhaps the system is trying to compress relatively large files to some kind of low limits?
-
Okay, maybe you should try to sample down the images prior to upload. Attached is what I get to see on screen. Looks like ringing artifacts from very heavily compressed JPGs. Perhaps the system is trying to compress relatively large files to some kind of low limits?
Should I use a separate software or some app inside CS 4 ? Guess when I first started scanning > my final results was to prints only .. Internet was not as prolific. I just upload a 50meg file to my site and they compress..
-
Should I use a separate software or some app inside CS 4 ? Guess when I first started scanning > my final results was to prints only .. Internet was not as prolific. I just upload a 50meg file to my site and they compress..
CS4 itself will do just fine. Simply resize the image to a more manageable size, so it fits the average monitor. Maybe something within the rectangle 1280x720 these days. You don't want higher res files on internuts anyway. Then use the Save-for-Web feature in photoshop to save a high quality jpg.
-
Will look ..... I remember something about "save to the web" many years ago ... is that in the IMAGE dropdown ?? My prints are almost all square 16x 16 300dpi
-
CS4 itself will do just fine. Simply resize the image to a more manageable size, so it fits the average monitor. Maybe something within the rectangle 1280x720 these days. You don't want higher res files on internuts anyway. Then use the Save-for-Web feature in photoshop to save a high quality jpg.
Tried the SAVE FOR WEB ..... got a warning my files were too big & would take too long to load ??
Guess I have always scanned /editing for printing ..;not the Web :=}
-
Okay, maybe you should try to sample down the images prior to upload. Attached is what I get to see on screen. Looks like ringing artifacts from very heavily compressed JPGs. Perhaps the system is trying to compress relatively large files to some kind of low limits?
I believe thats grain clumps -- that I did not clone off -- thought I got them all. I know my Minolta PRO was very sharp -- My negs are fine for wet printing in the darkroom ~ never saw any of amount of grain projected on a print as you get from hi rez scans. If you had not so perfect water for washing > it sure tells in a scan .. ;D