Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PeterAit on January 15, 2013, 09:37:13 am

Title: 7900 paper problems
Post by: PeterAit on January 15, 2013, 09:37:13 am
I am printing on doubleweight matt sheets (Hahnemuhle photo rag bright white) and the paper sometimes gets caught in the printer. Not a paper jam, per se, the print completes and is ejected, but the lower right corner of the paper (as it exits the printer) is folded and wrinkled. I have set the platen gap to "wider." It almost looks like the leading edge of the paper is hitting something and is then forced past the obstruction, causing the folding. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Title: Re: 7900 paper problems
Post by: PeterAit on January 15, 2013, 09:54:31 am
I answered my own question. The corner of the paper was hitting the flat metal plate that runs across the printer width, where the wires to the print head lie. By giving that corner a very slight "reverse" bend before loading, I prevent the issue.