Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Patricia Sheley on January 10, 2013, 01:22:10 am

Title: Clamornauticus
Post by: Patricia Sheley on January 10, 2013, 01:22:10 am
Where the sounds of the sea are the sounds between...
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: wolfnowl on January 10, 2013, 02:21:29 am
Well seen!  And captured!!

Mike.
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: Tony Jay on January 10, 2013, 03:07:36 am
Spectacular!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: francois on January 10, 2013, 04:43:04 am
Spectacular!

Tony Jay
Oh, Yes! Simply beautiful
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: churly on January 10, 2013, 09:54:01 am
Yes, very nice.  After some internal debate I think I would have zapped the little bit of light in the upper right corner that breaks into the negative space.  But then - maybe you want to pull the eye up there.
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: Patricia Sheley on January 10, 2013, 11:36:36 am
...] internal debate I think I would have zapped the little bit of light in the upper right corner that breaks into the negative space.  But then - maybe you want to pull the eye up there.

...well considered...I am there myself, the environs so subtle there, that seem to be too easily lost without gentle direction. That being said, the spectral highlights there too powerful for their own good, but I find this file and similars captured the same day worth spending the time on to address those conflicts.

The attached gives a feeling of where my thinking is headed on this...

Tuesday was a great day, wind blowing a gale directly onto these cliffs where low tide and deep granite tub tidal pools were continually beaten into sculptures of light. Thanks for your thoughts on this... the little things are after all not little at all but the actual keys to the attempt to pass forward the pleasure of the day...
p

Always for me a tough call when deciding how far to go in softening spectral highlights as it can so easily leap to sanitization...
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 10, 2013, 12:15:30 pm
Really nice. Lots of energy, motion and action in the light and the subject.
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: Bruce Cox on January 10, 2013, 12:34:01 pm
The softer "working" file is more compelling for me.  Having the viewer reach a little for the slipper edges pulls me in and hooks me better than the first sharper version which I tend to intellectualize in defense.

Bruce
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 10, 2013, 08:43:58 pm
What Bruce said. I looked at the working image and wondered why you felt compelled to touch it..both are quite good but two has a touch more mystery to it for me.
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 10, 2013, 11:27:05 pm
They're both stunning. I think I'll go for the second, too.
Title: Re: Clamornauticus
Post by: Wim van Velzen on January 11, 2013, 04:10:09 am
Like it!