Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on January 05, 2013, 01:39:47 pm

Title: Grassi Lake
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 05, 2013, 01:39:47 pm
I'm a bit doubtful about these, so thanks for any feedback.
Title: Re: Grassi Lake
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 05, 2013, 02:03:35 pm
I like #1. Tapestry-like, almost abstract. I hope there is some detail left in the white patch?
Title: Re: Grassi Lake
Post by: Rob C on January 05, 2013, 02:37:41 pm
Agreed; nice effect, number 1.

Rob C
Title: Re: Grassi Lake
Post by: RSL on January 05, 2013, 03:19:45 pm
I'll go with #1 too. Very Monet-y.
Title: Re: Grassi Lake
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 05, 2013, 10:08:22 pm
Thanks, Slobodan, Rob and Russ. A concrete element like the ice patch seems to help.

Sorry, there is no structure in the snow, apart from the edge. But it was distant, and evenly settled within a deep, narrow valley, so this might be at least accurate.