Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: ThDo on December 22, 2012, 03:18:42 am

Title: iProfiler - how to read single patch?
Post by: ThDo on December 22, 2012, 03:18:42 am
I am using the i1 Pro 2.

Now I have the request to determine the "color" of a single patch.

How can this be accomplished with iProfler?

If it can't which software can be used for this?

Title: Re: iProfiler - how to read single patch?
Post by: Czornyj on December 22, 2012, 08:27:50 am
doable but annoying.

I'm using ArgyllCMS spotread instead - it's not optimal at the moment, because there's no full support for i1Pro2 yet, so the sensor works in legacy mode (no M1/M0/M2 measurement conditions, wavelenght calibration and so on), but it's only a matter of time.

Commercial options are Robin Myers Spectrashop and Babelcolor CT&A.

I'm not sure, but I guess that Measure Tool (ProfileMaker) allow to make spot measurement in demo mode (i1Pro2's legacy mode only).
Title: Re: iProfiler - how to read single patch?
Post by: Rhossydd on December 22, 2012, 10:02:14 am
I'm not sure, but I guess that Measure Tool (ProfileMaker) allow to make spot measurement in demo mode (i1Pro2's legacy mode only).
If the i1Pro2 can be seen as a i1Pro in older software, XRite/GMB iShare might to work.
Title: Re: iProfiler - how to read single patch?
Post by: Scott Martin on December 22, 2012, 12:38:10 pm
I am using the i1 Pro 2.
Now I have the request to determine the "color" of a single patch.
How can this be accomplished with iProfler?
If it can't which software can be used for this?

Might be useful to hear more about what you are trying to accomplish and what format you'd like the see the color in but yes, you can do this in i1P's "Measure Chart" function found in the advanced printer workflow options. Select a chart that's 1 by 1 and measure away. Unlike most other options you can also choose the measurement mode (M0, M1 or M2) which may be significant.

Another option is to use XRite's free ColorPort utility. If you click the Measurement Status Info button, the amount of visual and numeric data it immediately provides is unparalleled.
Title: Re: iProfiler - how to read single patch?
Post by: l_d_allan on February 26, 2013, 06:22:47 am
This seems like it should work ...

Note: I've got an iSis so I can't check whether the above actually works.