Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on December 12, 2012, 08:24:25 am
-
A bit more closer to a true 16:9 with a bit of cloning here and there.
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8485/8266070613_ed65dc8e79_o.jpg)
-
This seems to be a good example of a... bad bokeh. By that I mean not just unpleasant in itself, but actually distracting from the main subject.
I think the initial idea is ok. It's just that it might work better with a different treatment, like a shallower DOF and less contrast. It also looks like the light was too harsh, resulting in burned out highlights.
-
It's just that it might work better with a different treatment, like a shallower DOF and less contrast.
Thanks for putting my thoughts into words!
Mike.
-
What, exactly, are you after with this, Chris?
-
I actually think the bokeh is more interesting than the subject.....
-
What, exactly, are you after with this, Chris?
Really as looking for the separation for subject and bokeh.
-
Okay. That's a fair test. I do that kind of thing all the time. But is it a picture you want to post?