Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: FrankG on December 03, 2012, 09:49:36 pm

Title: Epson ABW is gone !
Post by: FrankG on December 03, 2012, 09:49:36 pm
I recently upgraded PS to CS 6 extended and because this needed me to upgrade the Mac OS I went from 10.5 to 10.6.8 (yes I know I'm still way behind). During this procedure I had some trouble with my Epson 3880 and removed all Epson software and loaded the newest driver 8.64. Tonight I tried to print a B&W image but find that ABW is gone. I switched from PS manages col to Printer Manages Colors but the Printer Profile box is greyed out (this is where I'd have expected to see ABW). I've poked around to no avail. A quick google search turns up that Epson have removed ABW from driver ver. 8.64. But I can't find the solution. Is it to uninstall 8.64 and try to find an old driver? The only one I see on Epson's page is if you select OS 10.5 then you can get driver v. 6.60 If anyone has solved this problem I'd appreciate the steps to take.
Title: Re: Epson ABW is gone !
Post by: FrankG on December 03, 2012, 09:54:58 pm
OK I just found that if I set the Epson color controls button in Color Matching then  ABW can be found - whew! going to try it now......Yes, it worked.
Now if anyone with some expertise in printing B&W with ABW is reading this please share some tips for getting best results. I generally use Epson Luster for general work and Exhibition Fiber for fine quality work. Thanks.