Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: dmerger on November 27, 2012, 06:20:40 pm

Title: George Steinmetz’s Aerial Photographs
Post by: dmerger on November 27, 2012, 06:20:40 pm
Some beautiful photos here:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/desert-air/2012/11/26/1f9eb1e8-3804-11e2-8a97-363b0f9a0ab3_gallery.html#photo=1
Title: Re: George Steinmetz’s Aerial Photographs
Post by: davidh202 on November 27, 2012, 11:09:06 pm
Some beautiful photos here:  

Indeed!
Thanks for posting the link.
Title: Re: George Steinmetz’s Aerial Photographs
Post by: Brad Smith on November 28, 2012, 08:23:23 am
Very nice images, and I very much appreciated the educational captions.
Title: Re: George Steinmetz’s Aerial Photographs
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 28, 2012, 10:07:07 am
I have two of his books on aerial photos. One he did on the Empty Quarter, the other on Africa. I can highly recommend both.
Title: Re: George Steinmetz’s Aerial Photographs
Post by: Johnphoto on November 28, 2012, 10:30:12 am
Stunning work indeed! It must be a lot of hustle going to Chad etc. and organize the shoots?

Another fantastic aerial photographer is Hans Strand. His Iceland aerials are top notch.
http://www.hansstrand.com/Hans_Strand/Aerials_1.html