Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on November 22, 2012, 06:52:26 pm

Title: Rhythms
Post by: churly on November 22, 2012, 06:52:26 pm
A study of patterns and scales.


(http://churly.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v23/p1286086092-5.jpg)


(http://churly.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v61/p1286104034-5.jpg)
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: wolfnowl on November 22, 2012, 08:42:41 pm
Nicely done.

Mike.
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 23, 2012, 03:45:41 am
Nicely done.

Very nicely done, yes. I prefer the second; I find the out-of-focus bird in the foreground of the first to be distracting.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: GeorgeShine on November 23, 2012, 05:19:32 am
Yes very nice. I found somthing similar (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JPrtRcAw_d0/R1QHmqeKtDI/AAAAAAAAAHo/jXckhT0YzCU/s1600-R/seagull-flying.jpg), but not that good.
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: francois on November 23, 2012, 05:23:59 am
I love them both but I also prefer the second image. The light is exquisite. The first could almost be imagined as a stop-motion image (at least for the birds).
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 23, 2012, 10:05:00 am
... also prefer the second image. The light is exquisite.

+1. I also like the contrast between the orange details and the background.
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: Isaac on November 23, 2012, 10:58:43 am
The first could almost be imagined as a stop-motion image (at least for the birds).

Do you know that it isn't a collage? :-)
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: francois on November 23, 2012, 11:41:50 am
Do you know that it isn't a collage? :-)

No, thanks for the info!
Title: Re: Rhythms
Post by: churly on November 23, 2012, 04:58:24 pm
Thanks for the comments guys.  Just to clear the air - neither of them is a composite.
C.