Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: pwbrian on November 13, 2012, 06:45:13 pm

Title: New to the site
Post by: pwbrian on November 13, 2012, 06:45:13 pm
Hello All...

Just found the site, registered and wanted to say hello.  I just getting back into photography (long story) and am still a bit of an amateur but learning.  My favorite is landscape and nature images.  Browsed through the images here and really dug a lot of what I saw.  Here's one of mine.  Looking forward to posting more in the future.   ;D
Title: Re: New to the site
Post by: Tony Jay on November 13, 2012, 08:05:26 pm
Welcome to the forum Brian - I hope your sojourn in LuLa is a long and productive one.
With regard to the image you obviously have an eye for a good shot.
I am not sure what your intent was but the sky seems horrendously blown which is a pity because the idea has real promise.
Perhaps if the scene in question is close to your home you might give this composition another go with different exposure settings.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: New to the site
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 14, 2012, 05:06:40 am
Very nice. The bright sky seems appropriate here and makes a fine background for the green leaves. I also really like the vertical composition. Welcome!
Title: Re: New to the site
Post by: francois on November 14, 2012, 05:13:59 am
A warm welcome on the forum and a very good image to start with. I can only echo Scott's and Tony's words.
Title: Re: New to the site
Post by: pwbrian on November 14, 2012, 12:52:00 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome and the comments.  Just browsing here, this seems like a great place to hone my skills, get some opinions and some tips on how I can make my images better.  Glad I stumbled here. 

For me the sky was fortunate.  It's a garden near where I used to live.  It's in the middle of a very hilly, forested park.  If not for the fog with the sun just breaking through enough to brighten it the background would have been all evergreen trees on the hill behind it.  It's a bit hotter then I would have liked but I also like the softness.  I have a few more from that day I'll post up later. 
Title: Re: New to the site
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 14, 2012, 03:22:05 pm
Very nice. The bright sky seems appropriate here and makes a fine background for the green leaves. I also really like the vertical composition. Welcome!

Welcome! I've learned a huge amount here and if you're open to it, I expect you will.

I too like the vertical composition, but I'd like to see a little more space on the left: the red tree is rather cramped. I'm not keen on the sky, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: New to the site
Post by: wolfnowl on November 18, 2012, 03:02:39 am
Hi Brian, and welcome to the forums!

Mike.