Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mokenny on November 08, 2012, 09:56:48 pm

Title: morning fog
Post by: mokenny on November 08, 2012, 09:56:48 pm
I saw this horse grazing in a field covered by the early morning fog.  It evoked a dreamy and serene feeling.
Comments welcome

Mo Kenny
Title: Re: morning fog
Post by: AlexanderB on November 13, 2012, 10:10:55 am
The image has a calming effect, I Like it.
Title: Re: morning fog
Post by: Walt Roycraft on November 13, 2012, 10:47:34 am
I like #2 the best. I feel more of the context, #1 seems a little isolated.
Title: Re: morning fog
Post by: mokenny on November 13, 2012, 11:44:34 pm
Thank you for your comments. I also feel the second image is more representative of  how I envisioned the photograph in my "minds eye".

Mo Kenny
Title: Re: morning fog
Post by: francois on November 14, 2012, 11:06:06 am
For me, #2 is outstanding. Photo #1 is a nice photo of a horse, not much more. On the other hand, photo #2 is a rural landscape image and the horse is an important element but not the only subject. Just a minor nit... I find the horse in #2 a bit to contrasty.
Title: Re: morning fog
Post by: mokenny on November 14, 2012, 09:54:26 pm
Thank you for your comments and encouragement. I have been lurking here on (luminous landscape) LL for some years and learning from pictures posted. This is putting some of the things I learn't into practice.


Mo Kenny
Title: Re: morning fog
Post by: hasselbladfan on November 15, 2012, 11:04:50 am
Like the second one due to its contrast.
Title: Re: morning fog
Post by: SunnyUK on November 15, 2012, 11:58:09 am
#2 is really lovely. Excellent picture.