Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bruce Cox on November 05, 2012, 11:04:03 am

Title: theft
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 05, 2012, 11:04:03 am
It seemed to me they should meet and compromise.

Bruce
Title: Re: theft
Post by: Kirk Gittings on November 05, 2012, 11:09:21 am
I don't get it.....
Title: Re: theft
Post by: amolitor on November 05, 2012, 11:16:43 am
Not sure I do either.. Bruce has pasted together one of mine with one from seamus? Perhaps he seems a thematic connection?
Title: Re: theft
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 05, 2012, 11:52:14 am
Not sure I do either.. Bruce has pasted together one of mine with one from seamus? Perhaps he seems a thematic connection?


It had something to do with keeping fetishes in context, but I regret it already.  Also, I thought an option for changing the processing in you picture was to make it more like the higher contrast in Mr. Finn's.

Bruce  
Title: Re: theft
Post by: amolitor on November 05, 2012, 12:17:51 pm
Ah, thank you for the clarification ;) I promise I am not now, nor was I ever, offended.
Title: Re: theft
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 05, 2012, 01:01:02 pm
OK, if that doesn't offend you, here is a higher contrast version.  I feel I need the practice at this kind of thing.

Bruce
Title: Re: theft
Post by: amolitor on November 05, 2012, 01:02:48 pm
That is actually quite a bit like it came out of the camera. As you can see you wind up with trouble on the face of the woman on the right, and you lose stuff in the shadows (I don't mind the latter, I do mind the former).

Still, I get that it's the "look" you're going for here, not the details. Thanks for pointing in a direction, here, I will noodle on it.