Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: petermarrek on October 23, 2012, 04:55:27 pm
-
To add to an image for wrapping, is it possible to use free transform in photoshop to add a few inches to each border?
-
Hi,
I just printed a dozen large canvas prints recently and used the method described by Andrew Collect in the Camera to print tutorial. Simple and easy to do. Basically you enlarge the image canvas size to include the the thickness of the wrap plus 1/4 inch per side, select that size with the marquee tool, copy move flip, flatten, repeat for other edges.
Jean-Michel
-
I use QimageUlt which is even easier...
But I have experimented in CS5 or 6 and have a trick ;)
1- size and set the resolution for the image
2-add whatever size you need for the wrap border (in white canvas)
3-select the white (newly added canvas area) with the select -color range tool
4-go to edit -fill -content aware, (does a pretty good job on most of the images I tried) ,and you have your wrap
arbitrary step...
if you dont wan't or like the mirror image look for the wrap edges...
1- just pick a color, (with or without texture if you do it in a layer), at whatever opacity you want,or...
2- better yet, you can use the duped image from the content aware fill and soften the border image with one more step by using the motion blur tool (adjust to your preferance for direction and hardness) while the wrap borders are still selected."stretched colors"
David
-
It works quite well in Photoshop as noted by others.
OnOnes Perfect Resize just makes this process so easy.
Well worth the price of admission.
-
I'll agree with Dan. Perfect Resize does a very good job and is very quick. I mastered a couple of techniques using PS but they take to long so I was very happy when I found Perfect Resize.
Larry
-
My shareware canvas wrap actions for Photoshop are not bad either:
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/six-canvas-wrap-actions.htm
--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
400+ inkjet paper white spectral plots, October 2012:
Extended: Ilford-Innova-Hahnemühle-Pictorico,
NEW added: Tetenal-Mitsubishi, NEW halfway: Kodak-Bonjet,
NEW to do: Permajet-FelixSchoeller-Sihl
Would like to get samples: InkPress-JonCone
-
I'll ditto Perfect Resize. I was hand doing the mirroring at 10-15 minutes per image and Perfect Resize does it easily in seconds!
-
I realize now that my original approach does not work, I modified it using a different technique which appears to work much better, thank you all for sharing, Peter