Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: BobDavid on October 16, 2012, 02:00:43 pm

Title: Photography and Genealogy
Post by: BobDavid on October 16, 2012, 02:00:43 pm
Fun story about how a "lightened" tintype enabled a gggrandson see his ancestor for the first time: http://goo.gl/JNH1O
Title: Re: Photography and Genealogy
Post by: Ray on October 20, 2012, 07:13:29 am
Fun story about how a "lightened" tintype enabled a gggrandson see his ancestor for the first time: http://goo.gl/JNH1O


Interesting! I've got a print of my great grandfather and family, taken around 1890 or so, which I've scanned. All members of the group, including my young grandfather, look very serious, formal, righteous and Victorian. It's almost amusing. However the above portrait looks as though it needs an awful lot of work with the 'healing brush' in Photoshop.
Title: Re: Photography and Genealogy
Post by: BobDavid on October 20, 2012, 08:57:51 am
The client requested that I not retouch the photo. I think he made the right decision, especially upon hearing about the history of the man pictured.