Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Alun on October 05, 2012, 08:36:38 am

Title: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: Alun on October 05, 2012, 08:36:38 am
This is WEIRD!

I have no problem with any other website or download. I have cleared all the caches and have tried multiple browsers and still have an issue getting through to the www.adobe.com site to download the update?


When I try and go to the adobe site, I get this error:-

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8460/8056438566_ede907e8fd_n.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alunallcock/8056438566/)


and when I try and upgrade by using Lightroom, I get this message:-

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8034/8056438520_66bba7cff4_n.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alunallcock/8056438520/)


This is a legit copy bought from Adobe when version 4 first came out and I have the 4.2 RC installed now. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a loss!


Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: Keith Reeder on October 05, 2012, 09:09:04 am
We don't have permission to see those screen grabs, Alun.

Might be worth trying a different browser anyway.
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: Alun on October 05, 2012, 09:17:28 am
Thanks for the reply Keith - you should be able to see them now! I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari and get the same issue
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 05, 2012, 12:31:46 pm
Is there a chance that the Adobe website was down when you tried? I had no problem upgrading.
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: Alun on October 05, 2012, 12:39:44 pm
Thanks Eric. I don't think so as I've been trying for the past couple of days?
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: aduke on October 05, 2012, 01:09:02 pm
Perhaps your ISP has, somehow, embargoed Adobe. You could phone your ISP and see what they say.

Alan
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: kaelaria on October 05, 2012, 01:54:32 pm
Sounds like at one time or another pirate software was installed on that computer.  Most likely the hosts file is blocking all the adobe servers, as that's part of how to install the pirate stuff so it doesn't get shot down.  Just blank out your hosts file ;)
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: Alun on October 05, 2012, 03:30:01 pm
It gets weirder! I can now do it but my mouse buttons have swapped over and the "£' SIGN IS NOW A "#" when I click shift??!
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: kaelaria on October 05, 2012, 03:34:34 pm
Yeah weird stuff tends to happen with pirate software ;)
Title: Re: Can't Upgrade??!
Post by: john beardsworth on October 05, 2012, 03:41:04 pm
Then again, this is on Mac and has Alun actually been using pirate software? Any chance, Alun?

It sounds like the international settings have been changed. I think this is set in System Preferences, Region, though maybe someone better at Mac troubleshooting could comment.