Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on September 30, 2012, 05:28:47 pm

Title: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: luxborealis on September 30, 2012, 05:28:47 pm
If a few hours north of Toronto is any indication, I would say we are in for a splendid autumn of colour.

For the past week, I've been up at Bark Lake Leadership Centre near Minden working with our Grade 10 class on the first week of their two-week intensive course in Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecosystems. The days were filled from 7:30am to 10pm which left precious few minutes for photography.

I'm an early riser so i made best use of about 30 minutes before sunrise and 15 minutes after before I had to supervise microclimate data gathering. I also had a morning "off" and an evening. Luckily, the conditions were near ideal - cold nights, beautiful lighting and virtually no morning wind all week. The best shooting conditions I've had in months.

These were shot on two successive mornings with a Nikon D800E at ƒ11 on a tripod at ISO 100. "1293" was made with an AF-Nikkor 24mm ƒ2/8 D at 1/3 sec.; "1338" was with an AF-Nikkor 20mm ƒ2.8 D at 1.6 sec. Processing was in Lightroom 4.

I am continually amazed at the improvement to Lightroom with the new PV2012 adjustments. Tailoring raw captures to what I visualized in the field is a breeze and takes only moments.
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 30, 2012, 06:43:32 pm
Both are quite splendid. Lovely color, tone, and atmosphere.
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: Tony Jay on September 30, 2012, 07:36:06 pm
Glorious images Terry!
#1 in particular is an absolute winner.

BTW you are right about PV2012 - amazing capabilities.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: kenben on September 30, 2012, 09:07:29 pm
Lovely images.I go into Killarney Provincial Park tomorrow for a 5 day trip.
We will be in O S A Lake.
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 01, 2012, 12:03:32 am
What a great place to be "working!"
Lovely shots.
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: wolfnowl on October 01, 2012, 01:09:28 am
Indeed!

Mike.
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 01, 2012, 04:59:07 am
+1 to the above comments.
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: DwayneOakes on October 01, 2012, 09:41:12 am
The second one ! Great FG placement !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: PDobson on October 01, 2012, 09:14:02 pm
 These are both really excellent. I wish I could say more.

Phillip
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 02, 2012, 01:21:44 am
Both excellent, despite the lack of lighthouses  ;)
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: francois on October 02, 2012, 05:15:58 am
Both photos are outstanding. Nothing to add.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: shaunw on October 07, 2012, 02:18:55 am
Very hard to choose between the two as they are both very good...great atmosphere particularly in the misty shot...excellent work.
Title: Re: Ontario Autumn Colour 1
Post by: brandtb on October 11, 2012, 06:49:16 am
beautiful color and tone!