Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on September 22, 2012, 11:59:46 pm

Title: Not dressed for the water - Bummer!
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 22, 2012, 11:59:46 pm
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8013495745_1227d70815_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Not dressed for the water - Bummer!
Post by: Rob C on September 23, 2012, 04:51:58 am
I like that; works well.

Rob C
Title: Re: Not dressed for the water - Bummer!
Post by: francois on September 23, 2012, 11:27:48 am
Very nice! I really like it too.
Title: Re: Not dressed for the water - Bummer!
Post by: RSL on September 23, 2012, 11:34:11 am
Cute, Chris.
Title: Re: Not dressed for the water - Bummer!
Post by: amolitor on September 24, 2012, 02:33:34 pm
For some reason I thought instantly "Cray 1 Supercomputer" when I saw this. Well, I know why I thought it (google a picture of it if you don't know why) but I was taken aback at how abruptly the thought popped into my mind.

I wish I knew how this one took me absent a title.
Title: Re: Not dressed for the water - Bummer!
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 24, 2012, 02:56:08 pm
I shot this image specifically to teach a friend the importance of taking a 360 degree look around you every once in awhile as it is often the case what you don't see coming, you may well see going back. The shot below was an off the hip shot in hopes the kids would stay there until I got to the back of the pavilion to show my point to her. Fortunately, they stayed and the lighting was marvelous for the final composition. On the way up, I causally dumped the bottle of water in the trash as I didn't want it in the shot.

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8032/8020609901_735cc77fa6_o.jpg)