Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: shaunw on September 16, 2012, 04:07:49 am

Title: Panoramic v Single frame...Lac Blanc
Post by: shaunw on September 16, 2012, 04:07:49 am
Ive stitched a 4 frame panoramic from this location as well as my previous post...id be interested to hear which you consider works best? The latest Pano is the top image, ive posted the previous image for comparison.
Thanks Shaun

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8311/7988177555_040b1c0a11_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/skwalby/7988177555/)
Lac Blanc...Dawn (http://www.flickr.com/photos/skwalby/7988177555/) by Shaunwalby Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/skwalby/), on Flickr

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7269/7797025002_d611534e46_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/skwalby/7797025002/)
Mountain Dawn (http://www.flickr.com/photos/skwalby/7797025002/) by Shaunwalby Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/skwalby/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Panoramic v Single frame...Lac Blanc
Post by: francois on September 16, 2012, 08:43:42 am
I prefer the panoramic version. It might be because it's more classic or because the V-shaped sides (rocks and reflections) of the images lead the eyes to the shack and finally to the snow-covered peaks.
Title: Re: Panoramic v Single frame...Lac Blanc
Post by: Rjohan on September 16, 2012, 08:52:01 am
I like the top image aswell, because of the V formation as Francois said. But also for the processing, it feels "smoother" and more "clear", hard to explain.
Title: Re: Panoramic v Single frame...Lac Blanc
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 16, 2012, 08:56:59 am
I prefer the composition of the single image, but the light & colour of the pano.
Title: Re: Panoramic v Single frame...Lac Blanc
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 16, 2012, 01:33:36 pm
I prefer the composition of the single image, but the light & colour of the pano.
That's exactly my sentiment.
Title: Re: Panoramic v Single frame...Lac Blanc
Post by: shaunw on September 17, 2012, 03:29:35 am
Thanks for the feedback guys...I agree with the general opinions, the pano has a better finish/clarity but possible the single image is a better comp.
I think my final output for the pano might have a slight crop to the LHS to bring its comp more into line with the single image

Cheers very useful that.