Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Justan on September 14, 2012, 12:51:17 pm

Title: The Dog Park
Post by: Justan on September 14, 2012, 12:51:17 pm
(http://justan-elk.com/Images/Cityscapes/TheDogPark-1.jpg)

Bigger version (http://justan-elk.com/Images/Cityscapes/TheDogPark-1.jpg)

Thanks for looking.
Title: Re: The Dog Park
Post by: wolfnowl on September 15, 2012, 01:57:19 am
Interesting, but a little distortion correction would go a long way here.

Mike.
Title: Re: The Dog Park
Post by: Justan on September 15, 2012, 12:34:03 pm
Thank you for commenting.

You are correct. I tried to fix the buildings lean in PS after I did the stitch but it didn’t work so well. Fix buildings on one side of the image and buildings on the other side were worse. Due to this I abandoned the idea. I’ll have to do another workup and make the corrections before stitching.

Frist time I’ve tried doing a stitch with images captured by a fairly wide angle lens.

It would also help to have more foreground in the image.

But despite the flaws, i still rather like the image.
Title: Re: The Dog Park
Post by: aduke on September 15, 2012, 12:40:51 pm
A little Warp might work better than distortion. It allows pulling in the middle of the image as well as the edges.

Alan
Title: Re: The Dog Park
Post by: Colorado David on September 15, 2012, 09:25:07 pm
Are you using CS6? If so, use the Adaptive Wide Angle filter.
Title: Re: The Dog Park
Post by: Justan on September 18, 2012, 12:30:04 pm
Thanks for the comments.

I’m using cs5 and tried a couple of things, including the automatic correction feature when stitching. It appears the trick, for at least this version of PS is to make the corrections before stitching.