Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: kencameron on September 12, 2012, 05:57:46 am

Title: A country road
Post by: kencameron on September 12, 2012, 05:57:46 am
A hazy day but bright.
Title: Re: A country road
Post by: Tony Jay on September 12, 2012, 08:33:09 am
Nice shot.
Got to be taken in SE Australia somewhere.
I am shooting in the Kimberley right now - I would die for the odd cloud to break up the blue!
Still, one needs to use what one has.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: A country road
Post by: francois on September 12, 2012, 09:34:42 am
Very well done. Love the menacing sky!
Title: Re: A country road
Post by: kencameron on September 12, 2012, 05:31:20 pm
I am shooting in the Kimberley right now - I would die for the odd cloud to break up the blue!

Tony, I would die to be (shooting) in the Kimberley right now, clouds or no clouds. It is on the bucket list. Might we see a few samples some time? Thanks for the feedback on my shot, which  was taken just east of Canberra.
Title: Re: A country road
Post by: Tony Jay on September 12, 2012, 07:29:51 pm
Just check out some of my recent posts!
Plenty of pics.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: A country road
Post by: WalterEG on September 13, 2012, 01:03:20 am
All most nostalgic for me Ken,

How often have a I headed into clouds like that on a dirt road wondering if there will be a down-pour or jumping Roos towards dusk.

W

Title: Re: A country road
Post by: kencameron on September 13, 2012, 02:20:30 am
Just check out some of my recent posts!
Tony Jay
Done - and now I am even more jealous. Some wonderful color there.
Title: Re: A country road
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on September 14, 2012, 02:55:11 pm
I often marvel at how similar the landscape of Australia and South Africa is. This, for instance, looks very much like the grasslands of the coastal dunes near the Mozambican border.
Title: Re: A country road
Post by: WalterEG on September 14, 2012, 06:23:33 pm
Perhaps those regions were close to being one and the same back in the Gondwanaland days.

Title: Re: A country road
Post by: kencameron on September 14, 2012, 08:16:10 pm
I have also seen similar landscapes in California. Differences sometimes emerge when you put on a telephoto lens and point it at the trees, but even then you might well see an Australian eucalypt in California - I don't know about South Africa.