Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Trevor Murgatroyd on September 09, 2012, 08:49:00 am

Title: CS6 will not paint white
Post by: Trevor Murgatroyd on September 09, 2012, 08:49:00 am
Hello

I am a new Photoshop user and very much a novice. I am finding that my brush will not work with white, either when working on masks or painting directly on an image.

All other colors and black work fine, but when I switch my color to white, the brush leaves no mark on images or masks.

I would much appreciate any suggestions

Trevor
Title: Re: CS6 will not paint white
Post by: Richowens on September 09, 2012, 10:39:10 am
White is erase.
Title: Re: CS6 will not paint white
Post by: Rhossydd on September 09, 2012, 10:46:02 am
White is erase.
Certainly the case when drawing on a mask layer, but not on an ordinary image layer.

You should be able to paint with white.
As a test create a two layered document and fill the bottom layer with a dark colour. Then move to the layer above and set the colour to white and draw away. You should see the paint lines, assuming you've set the brush to have a large enough diameter (which you should see an outline of).
Title: Re: CS6 will not paint white
Post by: Bryan Conner on September 09, 2012, 01:23:21 pm
Make sure your painting mode is set to normal.  If it is set to darken, a brush will not do anything with white the chosen color.
Title: Re: CS6 will not paint white
Post by: Trevor Murgatroyd on September 10, 2012, 10:13:31 pm
Make sure your painting mode is set to normal.  If it is set to darken, a brush will not do anything with white the chosen color.

Thank you Bryan, that was my problem exactly.

Regards

Trevor
Title: Re: CS6 will not paint white
Post by: Bryan Conner on September 11, 2012, 02:07:07 am
Thank you Bryan, that was my problem exactly.

Regards

Trevor

Glad I could help.  I remembered that from past experience...I spent hours a few years ago trying to correct the same problem.