Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: natas on September 08, 2012, 08:58:57 pm

Title: ImageNest newest version
Post by: natas on September 08, 2012, 08:58:57 pm
Has anyone else tried the latest version of ImageNest? I emailed the company last week and got Version 3.7. I have to say that I am impressed. The sharpening and uprezzing work really well. I was told they are shooting for a final release in October.
Title: Re: ImageNest newest version
Post by: robgo2 on September 09, 2012, 08:47:12 pm
I tried v3.5 Beta but gave up, because of several bugs.  Perhaps these have been eliminated.  Overall, I liked the program.  Like Qimage, which is very popular with Windows users, ImageNest utilizes the Printer's own driver.  In the end, I went with ImagePrint, which is in a different league altogether, but is also much more expensive.  I think that if IN had been bug-free, I would have stuck with it, although I'm glad that I did not.  ImagePrint's profiles are first rate, and the ability to soft proof gray images is a huge advantage.

Rob 
Title: Re: ImageNest newest version
Post by: natas on September 09, 2012, 09:50:24 pm
Yeah 3.5 was buggy for me...but this new beta they gave me seems to be solid on my end.
Title: Re: ImageNest newest version
Post by: natas on September 21, 2012, 10:36:37 pm
Looks like bluecubit just release 3.7. I am not sure if this is a beta or final release. Seems to work fine with me. Uprezzing and sharpening seem to work really well with what little printing I have done today