Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on September 07, 2012, 07:57:30 pm
-
Some older fall shots that I stumbled upon.
-
"Stumble" and "Fall" — nice!!
-
"Stumble" and "Fall" — nice!!
I thought about it some time after I posted and didn't bother to edit
-
Why edit? I think it has character and makes the forum even more lively and unique.
Cheers,
-
For whatever reason some people don't like the pun ...
Either way, in this series I have a closer connection to the last. Several months ago I saw a photo of Ansel hung on a wall where I work and every time I pass by I slow down or stop to look at it. It's probably one of the first photos that I will likely buy. My own shot, taken a couple years before, remind me of that shot and even if it's on different level it explains at some extent why I like that Ansel shot so much.
For reference this is the photo that I was referring to: http://shop.anseladams.com/Tenaya_Creek_Dogwood_Rain_p/1501034.htm . The small size on the web doesn't do it justice, you need to see it large. Right now I'm trying to make sure I will buy a similar quality reproductions as the one that I saw.
-
I see the resemblance of #3 to the Ansel Adams' work. Have you considered making it black and white? The blues of the water close to the shore are a jolt of blue that I don't care for in color but think would look good in black and white.
-
For whatever reason some people don't like the pun ...
I love puns - but not everyone does. "Any man who would make so vile a pun would not scruple to pick a pocket." Samuel Johnson.
Jeremy
PS: the photos aren't bad, either.
-
I see the resemblance of #3 to the Ansel Adams' work. Have you considered making it black and white? The blues of the water close to the shore are a jolt of blue that I don't care for in color but think would look good in black and white.
I will give it a try, but my processing skills are suboptimal, more so on bw.
-
I will give it a try, but my processing skills are suboptimal, more so on bw.
It took me some time to get comfortable and predictive with bw conversion, but I kept trying and they are better. I use Aperture and Photoshop Elements for Mac 7. If you have time to fiddle with it, you'll see improvement. By the way, I don't just use the conversion filters by themselves; I get the color version optimized before I convert.
-
First version without much processing/work, second version with a little more effort to it. I now think it has good potential is if I learn to work with layers in Photoshop so I can do local adjustments in tonality/color response.