Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on September 06, 2012, 03:53:19 pm

Title: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: MTGFender on September 06, 2012, 03:53:19 pm
Mount Evans
Idaho Springs, CO

Nikon D800E with Nikon 200mm f/2 VR, TC 14 E.

Thank you for your interest.

Pramote
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 06, 2012, 04:27:02 pm
A nice shot. I'd like to see a companion shot, with the goat in more environmental context. As it stands, it could have been shot in a zoo.
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: petermfiore on September 06, 2012, 04:52:28 pm
I'd like to see a companion shot, with the goat in more environmental context. As it stands, it could have been shot in a zoo.

How does that matter? Just asking.


Peter
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 06, 2012, 04:55:53 pm
It doesn't. It's still a nice shot. I'd just like to see a photo in the context in which it actually lives - something with mountains in it.
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: MTGFender on September 06, 2012, 05:43:01 pm
Thanks Bill and Peter! I will post another one tonight.
Thanks again Bill for mentioning about the name of the comet for my previous post. After I investigated further, I decided to delete the post.
I want to name it and will be reporting the discovering to the "Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams". They recommend not to post the picture in the internet.
Pramote
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: MTGFender on September 07, 2012, 04:12:01 am
Another picture.
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: kencameron on September 07, 2012, 04:30:20 am
As it stands, it could have been shot in a zoo.
Except we know it wasn't, because of the title. Which, for me, is good enough. I like the idea of seeing it that closely at 14,000 feet.
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 07, 2012, 04:35:29 am
Except we know it wasn't, because of the title. Which, for me, is good enough. I like the idea of seeing it that closely at 14,000 feet.
Way to miss the point.

I like the second shot too, BTW
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: francois on September 07, 2012, 07:44:39 am
Both are very nice and very different.
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: kencameron on September 07, 2012, 08:15:49 am
Way to miss the point.
I know what you were saying. It wasn't that hard to follow. I was expressing a different response to the image - essentially that the provision of "context" for the goat only through the title was different and interesting. This was neither missing your point, nor, really, disputing it. I think titles are an important part of images, and the way they shape our response to them is worth thinking about.
Title: Re: Mountain Goat at 14, 000 Ft
Post by: Rjohan on September 07, 2012, 10:17:38 am
Nice photos you got there, like them!